top of page

Sacraments: Weddings - Mixed Marriages

It is becoming increasingly common that one party to the Marriage is not a Baptised Catholic.  For a Marriage to take place in the Catholic Church at least one party to the Marriage should be a Baptised Catholic.  

The Marriage Papers are completed in the normal way, except instead of a Catholic Baptismal Certificate the non Catholic party should provide an original copy of their Baptismal Certificate from their own denomination or if they are not baptised,  an original copy of their civil Birth Certificate.  

The process is completed as laid out in the other sections of this website.  Please consult the checklist and other relevant sections of the site.

bottom of page